KIU is a unique higher education institute dedicated to the single-minded cause of providing higher education to the most deserving students. KIU offers a number of scholarships to undergraduate students through its Scholarship programmes. The scholarships are presented based on merit on the sole discretion of the Scholarship Awarding Board.
General Scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic achievement, and selection is highly competitive. They are made possible by the generous contributions of many individuals.
- Individual awards for 2015-16 ranged from Rs 200, 000 – Rs 300, 000 and are given for one year only.
- Unless exceptional circumstances exist, applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 to be considered.
How to apply
- Incoming freshmen are automatically considered for General Scholarships by completing the undergraduate admission application by September 15, 2015.
- No separate General Scholarship application is required for incoming freshmen.
All Non-Freshman Applicants
- Complete the online General Scholarship Application by February 28, 2016. Application will be available online on or before November 1, 2015.
- Request that an instructor or professor submit the faculty recommendation form along with a letter of recommendation to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships by January 15, 2016.
Incoming Transfer, Graduate, and Law Applicants
- In addition to completing the online General Scholarship application and submitting the letter of recommendation, incoming transfer, graduate, and law applicants must do the following:
Submit the application for admission—including a Rs. 5,000 non-refundable fee, official transcripts, and test scores by January 15, 2016.
Submit all supporting admission documents to the Office of Admissions by January 31, 2016
- Academic performance based on review of transcripts from all past institutions and KIU academic records (if applicable)
- IETLS or SAT scores (for freshmen)
- Extracurricular involvement
- Faculty recommendation (for continuing, transfer, graduate, and law students)
- Writing ability
- Creativity as demonstrated in the essays
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- General Scholarships are awarded for one year only. Students are encouraged to reapply each year.
- Freshmen recipients will be notified by March 1 and Non-freshman recipients will be notified by July 15 each year.