The Ethics Review Committee (ERC) of KIU was established on 18th of January, 2017. The primary objective of the ERC would be protection of humans participating in research. In this regard KIU ERC will conduct an efficient and effective review and monitoring processes in accordance with the Guidelines of the Forum of Ethics Review Committees in Sri Lanka (FERCSL guidelines) and other relevant national and international legislations and guidelines.
Members of the ERC
• Mrs. S. L. H. Vithanarachchi (Chairperson)
• Prof. C. A. Gnanathasan (Member)
• Dr. Thamara Amarasekara (Member)
• Dr. C. Indrapala (Member)
• Mrs. Logeshwari Sureshkumar (Member)
• Mr. Sampath Perera (Member)
• Ms. Nirmani Samarakoon (Member)
• Ms. Chanuki Wanniarachchi (Secretary)
Application submission procedure
• Click on the below link to download the application.
• Applications must be submitted in the format determined by the ERC.
• A fee will be levied for applications submitted for assessment by the ERC.
• All project proposals must be submitted to the ERC on or before the last Wednesday of each month for review at the next scheduled meeting.
• Immediately after the submission of the hard copy, an e-copy of the proposal should be submitted to the secretary of ERC – “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Fees levied as processing charges for ethical approval
Individual / Group research proposals
|Type||Fee effective from 01-08-2017|
|Self – Funded||Rs 500/=|
|Sponsored / Funded||Rs 1000/=|
|Proposals submitted by KIU internal staff||Free|
* The applicant must pay the dues beforehand to the KIU accounts department and receive a receipt for it and this receipt is to be submitted to ERC along with the application.
For more information
Ms. Chanuki Wanniarachchi,
Secretary Ethics Review Committee,
Faculty of Health Sciences,
Email : email@example.com
Tel : +94 (0)11 2741 878